Regrettably there are bogus claims being made by individuals pretending to be Consultants from our transplant team suggesting we make payment to living kidney donors. We do not offer payment as this is illegal in the UK. We are taking action to tackle this but in the meantime if you wish to discuss voluntary donation please call the Living Donor Coordinator on 0114 271 5983. Please see the Clinical Services page for more information.
The Sheffield Kidney Institute (SKI)
Academic nephrology in Sheffield has made a significant contribution to renal research for more than 25 years expressed through research and educational activities at the Sheffield Kidney Institute and the Academic Unit of Nephrology. Our clinical research programme is managed through bi-monthly research executive meetings with the aim to strengthen the clinical research within the directorate by:
- Giving all renal patients the opportunity to participate in clinical research
- Ensuring a high standard of research governance
- Building on our reputation to deliver high quality research studies
- Strengthening our capacity to recruit participants to clinical research studies
- Securing reputable research grant income for innovative projectsPreclinical translational research is conducted in the Medical School and managed through monthly meetings of the Academic Nephrology Unit. Current research priorities are in the area of molecular pathogenesis and treatment of ADPKD and kidney fibrosis.Opportunities for research exist within the Academic Nephrology Unit which is a centre of excellence for both basic science and clinical research.